- One of the couple must be Catholic and a parishioner of St. Mary’s Parish.
- Notify the parish office at least 6 months before the wedding date.
- Upon notification, the first step is to register for the Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation Course. To register for the course and to get more info, visit, http://rcav.org/m-prep/. Please pick up from St. Mary’s parish office the pastor’s authorization to take the course.
- Baptismal certificates are required for the baptized (Catholic and Christian denominations). For Catholics, the issuance date of the certificate must be within 6 months of the wedding date.
- If one of the couple was previously married to someone else (civil or church), please contact the Marriage Tribunal Office (604-683-0281 ext. 50263) to obtain clearance to marry.
- A marriage license is mandatory for your wedding to take place. The license must be issued less than 90 days before your wedding.
- All music must be approved Catholic mass music and agreed upon by the parish priest.
- Only 1 photographer and 1 videographer are allowed during the marriage ceremony.
- No confetti or rice is allowed inside the church or outside on the church property.
- We do not rent facilities for wedding receptions or parties.
Note: If there are any special circumstances or if you have inquiries, please contact the parish office for assistance – email: marriage.smarv@rcav.
“The Sacrament of Matrimony (USCCB)
Uploaded on May 27, 2010
All the sacraments involve God taking ordinary things and using them for his purposes and so we use things like water and oil, bread and wine. In the sacrament of marriage, we bring something very natural — the human body and human love. Featuring Msgr. John Zenz, of the archdiocese of Detroit.
Bishop Robert Barron on Marriage & Relationships
More than a union based on romantic love or mutual fulfillment, marriage goes back to the very essence of what it is to be human – and reflects a design placed in our hearts by God himself. BELOVED – from the producers of the renowned SYMBOLON series – explores the spiritual and eternal reality behind “I Do.” Beautifully filmed and featuring acclaimed marriage experts, BELOVED speaks to the very heart of every husband and wife, bringing sacramental truth and God-infused love into the everyday challenges of married life.
Beloved: Mystery and Meaning of Marriage includes six inspiring and informative sessions — available in FORMED.org and accessible to registered parishioners for free through St. Mary’s parish subscription. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the parish access code.